Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Is There a Chef in The House? Where's the Apron?

I grew up in a family with both a mother and father who loved to cook.  Mom was your basic meat and potatoes kind of girl with her specialty Fried Chicken and French Fries every Sunday evening.  Dad was our gourmet cook.  He loved experimenting with new things.  So, as a child, I had the opportunity to try wonderful foods.  Now, as an adult, especially in the just the last year, I find myself loving to cook once again.  It's so much fun trying new recipes.  And it's fun to cook with my husband.  We've even been making our own breads and pasta.

What I've learned along the way is that cooking can be somewhat messy.  So I can say I have truly come to appreciate the APRON.  Yes - I said it - the apron.  Something I would not have been caught wearing in my youth but appreciate now.  And it's been an adventure finding a great apron.  But I do have a vintage, circa 1950's apron and then one I bought myself. 

Half the fun of buying the apron is the search.  I know that I will purchase a few more just to have them around.  No half apron for me.  I like to be messy, so I need the full apron.  How about you - are you a messy chef?  Do you dig right in and create fantastic recipes?  If you do - you're gonna need an apron. 

I bet the Boojiboo shop on Etsy will have just what you are looking for.  Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment